Friday, September 29, 2017

9/25/2017 Week 3

Alright... Before I got my call, many of you asked me where I wanted to go. Well the answer about 99.9 percent of the time was London.

Well here I am in London Ohio in my first area, and no it ain't London England. But it's still pretty dang cool.

On transfer day (the day I was assigned to my Trainer) I sat down next to my new companion, and he leaned

So thursay night I had dinner at a members house. Eggs, bacon and pancakes. I almost gagged a couple of times because of the way too soft texture, but the food itself tasted alright.

Then we met with Justin and LeAnna that night. Justin is the one with the baptism date. Honestly the coolest people. The only reason Justin's mom (LeAnna) won't get baptized is because she smokes and she doesn't like the tithing idea. But the second I walked in the door she asked "what kind of music do you lkke" and from that moment on, I liked being at their house. We've made a goal to try and get LeAnna to commit to baptism this week.

Justin's Baptism was amazing. I gave a talk,, and so did another member in the ward. Elder Kimball (my new comp) gave the baptism, and the spirit was so strong.

Elder Kimball is awesome. I love him. He likes Disney movies. And Disney music. And Disney everything. His parents told him that Pokémon was too violent when he was a kid. I chuckled. But he's good at being a missionary. And he is a fantastic trainer. So thank you for your prayers. I have needed, and felt them.

> We contented a few people, but the most intense was this guy named Chip. We were riding our bikes and diced to stop and talk. Basically he didn't see why we didn't need a norther book of scripture, and if there I tried explaining it out to him he asked me if I still beat my mom. And I was like...

What?


Well I probably won't see chip again in the near future.

So there's this guy we teach named Brian. He is like Graham nakaya, but he smokes, and is inactive. Like honestly they talk and act exactly the same. Like same laugh and everything. It's weird stuff.

OH I also had dinner at the Matthew's house last night. And sister Matthew's reminds me of Great grandma B. But I have never heard great grandma swear.  It made me a little homesick, but it was nice being a round a teasy family inviormemt. Especially after a long hard Sunday :)

I serve in some places that are way more run down that rose park. People literally live in houses that are falling apart. I love it. I think it's pretty. It's almost ghost towny or something. Pretty clock towers and churches. I just love it.

Elder Kimball and I taught a man named Antonio Valles. We made a challenge to Invitr four different people to be baptized by the end of the week, and Antonio was one of them. We talked of the restoration, and of Jesus christ. And then I popped the question. And he promptly accepted that as he found that our church was true, he would become baptized. We asked him if there was anything he needed help with, and he said that after talking about jesus, all of his problems. Went away. It was powerful. I loved it. Hopefully he gets baptized, but sadly we won't be doing it. We had to refer him to Spanish missionaries.

This has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. I know it's not about to get easier. But I'm so stoked. It's going to be so awesome.

You may have seen me on Facebook. Yes, I am in a Facebook mission. I will be using face book to "preach and tech the gospel like missionaries do"

I am not excited for this. Everytime I get on, I see everyone. And it makes me all Trunky and home sick.


But guess what.

It ain't about me

So I'm going to use Facebook wilingly, and happily until it sticks.

I love you all. Have an amazing week. And I will do my best to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 2, 2017

Ed's Email address: edward.carter@myldsmail.com For questions/current mailing address, email me at: mommycarter@hotmail.com Well...